Skip to main content

i want to stay LOST forever

As soon as the LOST camp announced an end-date for the show a few years back, I pleaded with the Big Guy upstairs:

"Please don't let anything happen to me before then! I really, really, really want to know how LOST ends!!"

The series finale was last night. The series finale was magical, worthy, and wonderful. My life is completespice: I saw how LOST ended.

Of course, there are still questions. If you are a huge follower of the show, there are still things left unsaid, mysteries not fully explained -- hell, the last twenty minutes alone raised more questions!

I. don't. care.
LOST is still the best.show.ever.

Here are my top-ten-off-the-top-of-my-head burning questions:

1. Since Jacob "touched" the castaways and brought them to the island for a reason, he had to have orchestrated the plane crash (i.e. he had to cause the pilot to turn off course -- or at least cause the transceiver to stop working -- and he also had to ensure that Desmond would fail to push the button that day.) Did Jacob have an accomplise? How was he able to pull this off?

2. Why were Walt, Michael, and Ana Lucia not at the church in the end? (And Mr. Eko! Where was he?)

3. When and how did all of the people who met at the church die -- the ones who hadn't died yet -- especially Kate, Claire, Ben ? (...even though he didn't go inside, we have to assume he is dead because he is "in" the sideways/ alternate world).

4. Was Miles or Daniel Faraday at the church? If not, why weren't they there?

5. Did Kate, Lepidus, Claire, Ben and Miles make it off the island? Was that the plane Jack saw at the end? Or was it the alterna-world fake Oceanic 815 flight that never crashed?

6. Did Jacob ever "touch" Hurley before the Oceanic 6 (post-island) cab ride?

7. How did Jack get back on land at the end?

8. How did Juliet know about the sideways world before she died? I assume it was because she was close to death, but then -- did other castways also see the sideways world when they were about to die?

9. Was Widmore "with" Jacob? How did he know the survivors of flight 815 were on the island and that he needed to fake the plane crash in order to let the rest of the world believe all the castaways died? (I do remember that he was watching the island, trying to get back, etc. But I still feel that the Widmore connection needed more fully explained. Thank you.)

10. When Jack killed Unlocke (Fake Locke/ Smoke Monster/ Man in Black) near the end, did he destroy all of the evil on the island? After Jack replaced the stone on the light -- who was the new smoke monster that Hurley was left to protect?Also, Hurley, Sawyer, and Desmond stayed on the island. What happened to them after Jack died? 

Are you a LOSTIE? Did you watch the show faithfully? What are your thoughts about the finale? What questions do you still have?

Did you never watch the show? Watch a few episodes and give up?

Do you think it's weird that, now that it's over, I feel a little empty and sad today?

Comments

Melissa Hurst said…
Yes! Huge Lost fan here!

I did like the ending, but it took me a while to wrap my mind around it. Really cool stuff there.

I wondered why some of the survivors were not in the church, too, but I also wondered why Aaron was there as a baby. He made it off the island and Kate left him with Claire's mom - seems like he would have been older in the church. I know that everyone at the church died at different times, but that little thing bugged me. And why did they have a whole story in the "alternate world" with Jack having a son with Juliet? What was the point?
Tina Lynn said…
I'm commenting just so you know I love you, but haven't watched yet, so I will NOT be reading your blog today. *kisses*
carissajaded said…
Ughhh All you people are making me cray cray!!!

I quit watching Lost two years ago and now I'm super duper regretting it. I didn't read your questions because I plan on starting back up this week online so I can see what all this is about!

It was just taking too long to progress but I think now it's over and know there IS an end in sight, I can handle it...
Travener said…
Well, you know how I feel from my blog post. Sure, I liked all the feel-good stuff at the end. glad Sawyer and Juliette hooked up, even if it was in the afterlife. (Sawyer got off the island on the plane, by the way.) But...well, I still want to know a few things, beginning with WHERE THE FUCK DID THIS ISLAND COME FROM IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE?
Brilliant Review.. :)
Unknown said…
I have never seen an episode of lost (please still be my friend, lol) but I can appreciate the sadness and epicness of a finale! Glad to see that you enjoyed it and as a lostie you realized things would be left unsaid!

Happy Tuesday!
Moll said…
I can't believe how much I bawled through the entire thing!

Check out this video about unanswered questions from College Humor. I think you will like it.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
Ashley Stone said…
I missed this post of yours until today somehow! I totally am feeling LOST about LOST! I have so many unanswered questions!!! Like... at the end when they showed the plane crashed on the beach... does that mean that they all went back to the island??? And they never fully explained about the "light" and what would happen if the smoke monstor/Locke got off the island.... ugh. So many questions! I guess we'll never know.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s