Skip to main content

five october things i love

1. Autumn Leaves.
Photo: Zest-pk via flickr
I just love when the leaves change colors... my mom used to make the family go on drives to nowhere -- just to look at the pretty trees. (I did not love it back then.)

2. Cider Beer
(oh, wait... that was last year.)
Photo: randomduck via flickr

3. Hot Apple Cider
Photo: kthread via flickr

I want to drink somespice... of that spiced cider.

4. Makin' S'mores
Photo: andresmh via flickr
And eatin' s'more s'mores.

5. Men in Sweaters
Photo: dunikowski via flickr
I wouldn't mind bobbing for apples with him!

~happy fall~

Comments

RA said…
I like autumn leaves and beer (without the cider!), but had to look up what s'mores are all about. They sound weird.... :D
Unknown said…
Men in sweaters... yum... *drooling*

As for the hot apple cider count me in!!! I'm actually going to eat some pizza for dinner and then walk over to my corner Tuscan Sun and order a hot caramel apple cider drink... can you say YUM!!!
Tina Lynn said…
Oh...hello! Guys in sweaters.
MJenks said…
Though it seems counter-intuitive, I love women in sweaters.

I also miss apple cider stuff. I can get it down here, but it seems not the same as when I'd get it back in Indiana.
Shandal said…
SMORES! Haven't had a smore in... years! I can't even remember it's been so long!
Susan R. Mills said…
Happy fall to you too!
Anonymous said…
The one thing that's really on my "bucket list" is to see Vermont in the fall. I loves the leaves what are changing colors.

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...