Skip to main content

Last Call: The Disinterested Dispatcher (Subtitled: You're No Goode)

It's so funny to me (maybe I'm way behind all y'all in realizing this, but - guys.) We've all listened to Jen McCabe's 911 call so many times that it literally makes our ears bleed. We've listened intently to not only Jen's words, but also to background noises, hushed words, and Karen's truly shocked and piercing screams. 

But I hadn't given a whole lot of thought to the way Sean Goode handled the call. 

Had Goode ever worked the desk before January 29, 2022? If not, that tracks. If so, boy was in dire need of some coaching, training or development.  

But I kid - I mean, we all know that Higgins or Kevin Albert or Berky or all three told Goode what was going on - he was in the loop by no later than 1:30am when Higgy Bear paid him a visit, possibly, when he was in the dispatch area for something like 6 minutes - which is hos long it always takes for me to grab my car keys.

So, we don't have to pretend that this call was one Goode wasn't expecting. 

Goode answers the call like a normal person. Confirms address.

After Jen tells him there's a "man unresponsive in the snow," his first question is "is he blue at all?

Huh? 

He does not ask for the caller's name or a phone number to call her back if they get disconnected.

His next way of being helpful is asking if he is "face down." 

Huh?

I guess maybe Goode thought John was supposed to be left facedown. Jen had NO idea if John was face up or face down because she didn't see his body on the lawn before she left at Peanut Butter Jelly Time 1:47am, and she hasn't seen his body yet at this point. (She'd been busy doing some things... think about what Jen might have been doing in the seconds since she got to Fairview at 6:03:05am, which is over a minute before she gets Goode on the line.)

Anyway, she must think Goode knows more than she does, because she adopts Goode's version and says, "we just flipped him over."

Goode asks who he can hear in the background, is that someone related?

He does not ask for the caller's name or a phone number to call her back if they get disconnected.

Jen volunteers John's name and Goode finally think of a normal 911 question to ask - and gets John's age.

GOODE: How long has he been outside?

This is one minute and forty-one seconds into the call. (For reference, the 911 operator in the Kouri Richins case got the info about whether or not Eric Richins was breathing AND was asking about CPR in one minute 20 seconds. And Kouri was trying to stall.)

(Remember, Jen wasn't trying to stall. She may have known hos John was injured and of the plan to dump his body, but she did NOT originally plan on "finding" John with Karen and Kerry - or anyone at all. She was thrust in. She just wants this to be over.)

She and Goode talk over each other as Jen starts hyperventilating over having to answer hos long he's been in the cold, so, as we know, she freaks out and says, "he got out of the car..."

And Goode, to his credit, does a good job here because he cuts her off before Jen can insert her foot into her mouth any further.  

He cuts her off by FINALLY asking, "is he breathing?" but Jen is a talker so she finishes her thoughts on how long John's been outside and says it could have been a couple of hours.

So even though she's already told EMS twice that "I think he's dead," she decides to verify this with Kerry Roberts. 

Jen is heard asking Kerry, and then telling Goode, "I don't, I, um...I, I, um... I, I don't know, I don't know if he's breathing." And she blames both women for being hysterical and up to no good, especially Karen, with her witchy ways of trying to use her body heat to help her boyfriend.

Don't ya think most EMT's might say something along the lines of:

I want you to listen. I want you to do what I say.

Get as close down to his mouth and nose as possible and listen for a second. Can you hear any air?

I'm right here with you. 

Can you make sure nothing is blocking his airway? Put his chin up off his neck. Is that possible?

Sweep you finger into his mouth. Etc. Etc. Etc. 

But not Goode, a grotesque gob of absolute Massachusetts Mucus. Goode launches into this unbelievable concern for needing to tell the firetrucks or ambulances if we're a go on breathing or we ain't.

Helping John? Nah. Getting a solid yea or nay on whether or not he's gone? More... crucial? And why?  

And we are one minute and forty-five seconds into the call before Goode asks about CPR. He asks if they know how to do CPR, and if they want to attempt it. Jen pretends to ask them but then whispers to Goode, "no, I think he's gone." 

Goode's basically like peace out at this point. "They don't feel comfortable doing so?... Okay, FD and CPD are on their way. If everyone's declining CPR then I can't, I'll hang up with you... but if you change your mind, holla at me." 

But suddenly he has more questions. It's almost like someone is next to him and was like "don't abort mission" and was prompting him to ask:

Where are you guys outside?

Do you know if there were any alcohol/ drugs involved?

They'd been out drinking?

Is there any bleeding or anything, maybe he hit his head out? 

Pardon me while I go off:

WHAT DOES "MAYBE HE HIT HIS HEAD 'OUT' mean? Why were you about to hang up the phone and you're suddenly asking about active bleeding? Maybe you could have fucking suggested a tourniquet or at least putting some god damn pressure on it like THREE MINUTES AGO! S@$%!

Why would you think to ask about his head?

You piece of shit.

Lastly, Jen realizes that she did not do a great job convincing Karen and Kerry to stop trying to revive John, because she relays to Goode, "they're both working on him." Rather than talk through proper compression protocols, Goode decides to hang up. For reals this time.

He only wants Jen to call back if John suddenly becomes alive again.

Fuck that mother fucker Sean Goode, sideways. The only Goode thing about this is that it's incriminating, and the little prick deserves every piece of circumstantial evidence in this case shoved directly up into his gaping sleep-hole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jud Was Right: Karen DID NOT damage her Lexus on the Traverse - A Garage Story

Edit: ideal to read this with the FOIA drive open to access each ring video referenced as you go. Other recommended research/ reading: The Commonwealth's Statement of the Case June 2022 pg 14, and Evan Brent's trial 2 testimony. I am now CERTAIN Karen broke her taillight pulling into John's garage when she arrived home from FV. Here's why: The first time we see it broken (to my eye!) is  in the FOIA Ring Doorbell cam - we see Karen backing out at 5:07am. As Boozey Beauty pointed out, the angle in which she's backing out is odd. The beginning of the FOIA footage shows the SUV backing out and if you move the banner showing the play/ pause buttons, I think you'll see it. Watch the first 3 seconds, if you haven't already. I watched in .25 speed and paused each second. FOIA file ID 1643450878000. The TL doesn’t look “right” as it passes the illuminated vertical frame of the garage door on the left of the screen. Look at shape, not color. It’s better on video, bu...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...