Skip to main content

Family Medical Leave Act

You know how all the cool kids say "FML" now?

(In case you didn't know, that stands for "fuc "profanity my life.")

Well, for the last week or so I've caught myself saying it under my breath, but because it's so crass, I've been adding an A on the end.

Imagine it: I just dropped something, and I have to bend over to pick it up. (The pregnant belly does not love these moments.)

So, I look at the item on the floor, sigh heavily and say, "FMLA."

I, personally, think it's hilar. I told my co-worker about it today and I was all, "Yeah! I've been sitting on that for like a week, just entertaining myself in my own mind."

I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm off my rockerspice.

Comments

Shandal said…
Bahahahahaha! It does make you giggle doesn't it?! Love it!
Sierra Godfrey said…
Question: why are you even picking anything up? Enjoy this one time in your life where you can drop crap all over the place and leave it, and have a good excuse for it.

P.S. It only gets worse the bigger you get. By the end you will drop food all over the floor and not care, and step right over it.
RA said…
LOL
About FML: http://sagittiferouslyyours.blogspot.com/2009/07/f-my-life.html
jayme said…
i don't even abbreviate anymore. i just do the all or nothing. its either me going crazy and forgetting to care or just not caring. oops, did i just say all of the above?? fml...
Tina Lynn said…
How did you get so cute?
B.E. Sanderson said…
I'm with Sierra. Drop it and leave it - unless you really need it, then have the Hubster pick it up. After all, you're the one packing heat - at least a few extra degrees of it. ;o)
Anonymous said…
I'm with Sierra. Make other people pick stuff up for you.

Besides, you bend over...you might not be able to get up.

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...