Skip to main content

mama shopper

I'm pretty sure I'm officially obsessed with shopping for the (as-yet-unnamed) baby.

Wanna see some of my finds?!

I found this red and black baby carrier at a consignment sale -- it was a steal at $45.
Those things are normally like $100. And, they're all the rage.
I'll look soooo awesome with my baby strapped to me!


This little dress is probably my favorite purchase so far. Technically, it was free because a bank customer gave me a $25 gift card to JC Penney as a gift for the baby. (In real life, it was $20, which is a little more than I want to spend on any one thing that will only fit my baby for the first 0-3 months of her life.)
Don't you think she should wear this dress for her first photo at the hospital??
(I do! Hubs wants her in a Louisville Cardinals sporty onesie or something. Pishawspice.)



I also love and adore this art ($5.99 at TJMaxx) and it's become a bit of inspiration for my nursery design ideas.
I think I'll paint the walls that pretty blue. Don't the pink and brown polka dots just look fantastic with that lovely blue?! (I'll be decorating in the pink and brown family, polka dots and stripes and solids.)

(As a bonus, we could use the same blue room for a boy baby, should we semi-accidentally procreate again in the future.)
lolspice.

Comments

MJenks said…
"Hubs wants her in a Louisville Cardinals sporty onesie or something."

Fuck. And. That.

You don't want her to grow up constantly drooling all the time and carrying with her an impenetrable aura of body funk, do you? Of course not! She's your little girl!

You need to put the foot down. Or withhold sex. Or kick him in the grundle. One of these options. But the above? It cannot happen.
Unknown said…
I vote for the dress to be the first thing little baby wears!! She'll look super cute!

As for the artwork I'm in love!!! You should make her dream of cupcakes, you know those cute little toy overhangs (hopefully you get my drift) find one with cupcakes!!! *Aunty Jen currently googling for cupcake overhang*

I've officially fallen crazy (oh wait... that's no surprise)
Ashley Stone said…
cute stuff!! Love the cupcake pic!
Sierra Godfrey said…
I feel it my duty to tell you that the Baby Bjorn carrier is perhaps one of the single most important pieces of baby gear you can possibly get. Particularly great for the grocery store when the babyspice is too little to sit up in the shopping cart and thus can be carried and you arms are free!
jayme said…
awww wittle baby murph. love it all darling. the wee one is going to be so precious in that little dress (which TOTALLY beats the ul onesie...doy...) xoxo doll face

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...