Skip to main content

french vanilla... or hazelnut?



"Who IS this woman holding me? I don't even know her anymore!"
 
Clearly, I've had no time to blog since returning to the working world last Tuesday.

Le sigh. Any free time I have in the morning and evenings is reserved for Stella. God, the guilt of being away from her for so many hours SUCKS. I know it will be even harder when she's a little older and screams, "Mommy, nooooOOOO! Don't leave meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Hubs was home with Stella last week, but she starts day care tomorrow. I'm a little concerned about how on earth I am going to get the two of us out the door, drop her off, and still and make it to work by 8:15 in the morning. (Let's just be honest. I pretty much know I'll be late to work tomorrow, since it will be our first try... but I'm talking about how in the hell I'm going to do it everysingledayspice.)

Anywhine, going back to work was a bit stressful, but not completely horrible. Trying to catch up on 8 weeks worth of bank-y changes, bank-y emails, and bank-y gossip is bound to take a little time and several hundred deep breaths.

Funny

I'm trying to make breastpumping at work as easy on everyone as it can be. I pump once mid-morning, take lunch 3-4 hours later, and then I can wait to pump again when I get home in the evening. (Or, as hubs puts it, I can just "give Stella the boobie" at that point, if she's ready to eat.)

So, on my first day back, I informed the co-ed staff of my impending pumping-routine-idea. My boss, a fan of the multi-task, suggested that I stand in the lobby and greet bank clients while pumping.

I scanned the bank branch and my eyes landed on our Keurig.

"Yeah, I'll get right on that. I'll stand by the coffee and I'll be the cream."

Comments

lol, gross! :) But, maybe not to Stella! It sounds like you have a fun office. Hope this week goes well for you!!
Anonymous said…
LOL. Free caffe latte with all new accounts!
hahaha that will keep the grumpy old man moving fast in the bank for sure!!! ;)
by man i meant men cuz there are always grumpy old men in my branch when i go in and lately it takes all my patience not to yell at them.
Ashley Stone said…
hope your days back at the bank are going well. I'll be sure to steer clear of the coffee next time I'm in there. haha ; )
Unknown said…
I'm visiting just to say hello and that I miss you. I wanted to make sure I haven't missed a ton of blog posts having been so distant lately!

Still thinking of you and hope you and the little bundle of joy are having the time of your life!

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...