Skip to main content

Well, Stella now has her driver's license...

I haven't blogged in about a hundred years.

I'm very broken up about it. I've missed it terribly.

Stella is keeping me busy every moment.

(Well, Stella and my breastpump and the endless bottle washing and rocking and sing-songing and diaper changing and cooing and oohing and ahhing...)

Yeah, so, mostly Stella.


Look how she's grownspice!


Remember this little December peanut?

Well...

Here's her most recent glamour shot. :)

 

How are you people doing?
What'd I miss?

Comments

Vicki Rocho said…
Wow, she really has grown! Such a cutie and this is such a fun age!
Little Ms J said…
My little girl is due Mother's Day. I keep thinking that my brain will come back after she's born and I'll get to writing again. Silly, hm?

Your little Stella is adorable!
Jenna Wallace said…
Hey! We missed you! But I figured you're just storing up a whole bunch of TMI Thursday posts.

Stella's gorgeous. If I had to choose between blogging and Stella, she'd win. Hands down.
jayme said…
what a doll! i love her!! and so excited that we get to paaarttyyy tomorrow!! whoop whoop!
Ashley Stone said…
aw she's getting so big, so sweet!
Anonymous said…
Miss cutie-pie! What have you missed? The usual travails. Hope you get a chance to post a bit more as the days go on. You think she's cute now? Wait till she starts talking!
April said…
Time goes too fast and they grow up way too quickly! Don't feel guilty about working. I was a stay at home mom and now I am a single mom and I feel guilty that I didn't keep a job/career going to be able to financially support my kids on my own. Their dad went AWOL and took child support with him. I am glad I was able to stay at home with them when they were little, (they are 17, 14, and 12 now), but you are smart to keep your independence and career going. You aren't leaving and doing that to her, but for her, especially as a strong role model!

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...