Skip to main content

Popping my TMI Thursday Cherry

TMI Thursday


I'm off in an attempt to humilate myself because Livit,Luvit and company have inspired me.

I could choose to tell an array of embarrasing stories, as there are probably about a vault full of moments I will not live down. I have often been called an over-sharer, as I take pleasure in confessing when I've been bad. It's cathartic, right?!

I will do myself a favor, though, and give you TMI about an event without moral ambiguity or downright legality issues. This is, afterall, my first time. Be gentle, dear readers, be gentle.

So. A few years ago I attended a wedding in northern Ohio with two of my restaurant friends, straight girl (SG) and gay guy (GG).

SG drove, and we smoked cigarettes and sang showtunes the whole way. I don't recall if there was a traffic delay or if we took a wrong turn -- or if maybe it just took a bit longer to get there than we expected -- but we were running late. SG whipped her car into the lot and we raced toward the church in our dresses, as GG trailed behind in a lovely pink shirt and tie. We tugged on the entrance: locked. We tried another door, to no avail. Across the parking lot, we see a couple heading into the building on the other side of the cars, snuggling together under a huge umbrella and toting a wedding gift. Oh, so it's in that building.

We sprint to the correct location, sopping wet, and manage to get ourselves inside before the bride(B) walks down the aisle. She is, in fact, getting ready to walk down the aisle, as she and her father are standing at the double doors alone. She is bitching about the music ("They weren't supposed to play that for this long!!") when she spots us.

B: "What the fuck happened to you guys?"

We were sopping wet from rain, hair once perfectly coiffed now hung in watery strands around our faces. We decided that the whole event was very much like the movie The Sweetest Thing -- remember, when Christina Applegate and Cameron Diaz had a gas station restroom incident involving a glory hole? SG even got to utter "Hey, look, it's Jesus!" to a kid who wouldn't turn around during the ceremony.

I'm getting to the TMI part, I swear it! So, after the open bar reception (which also featured paying a dollar to dance with the bride or the groom and getting a shot of peach schnapps in return) we headed to a little dive bar with the bridal party. I was already so smashed at that point that I thought we took a cab there, but as it happened we were driven by the mother of the bride.

Here's where the TMI begins, and it involves SG (straight girl, remember?) and yours truly (also SG!) locking lips in front of pretty much the entire family of the wedding party after SG tripped on the dance floor, latched on to me to try to prevent falling, but only succeeding in taking me down with her. It all made sense at the time: SG, GG and I were trying to determine who between us was the best kisser. We ended up spending the night at mother of the bride's house with the entire wedding party. We hadn't planned to stay, but were invited. (Clearly. We were the life of the party!) It was within stumbling walking distance of the bar.

So. Flash forward to the next morning. I'm so hungover I can't even sit up on the car ride back to Louisville. I mean, SG and GG want to stop at McDonald's for Filet-O-Fish and I am curled up in the fetal position wishing for death, which seems the only sweet release from the pounding in my head. We drive and drive and drive and are almost back into Kentucky when it's time to stop for gas. I tell the pals I'm gonna head in and get a sprite and take a tinkle. I'm barely out of SG's Scion when it hits me. I am going to be sick. I am going to explode. From both ends. I can't decide which I want to do more: projectile vomit or projectile poop.

I get myself inside, and it isn't like we're at Thornton's or some high class gas station. This is a one rung above a rest stop type joint.

I make my way to the restroom, praying I make it. Thankfully, the ladies room is vacant... I push open the door and I can't believe my eyes. Two toilets, no stalls. Right there was my salvation. Down go the pants, and I get on toilet number one for sweet release and begin to heave chunks into toilet number two, simultaneously. I couldn't wait to get back to the car to tell my friends of my good fortune.

Both SG and GG are still in love with the story of the time Amber puked and pooped at the same moment, and no one had to call for clean up.

***************************************************
Check out more TMI stories here.

Comments

rachaelgking said…
Hahaha I have TOTALLY pulled the puke 'n poo before... it happens! :-)
Lizz said…
My favorite is when the bathtub is right next to the toilet and you have to pull that situation! Haha! I really don't think that its a bad story because at one point everyone has done it! Loved it!
And tiny bathrooms with the toilet next to the tub come in handy too!
Not like I ever did that!
James said…
That has got to be the most amazing stroke of luck ever. I've never even heard of such a bathroom, let alone one at a gas station.

Lucky you.
Betty Manousos said…
Hahaha!!!
I enjoyed your post.
Jm Diaz said…
Thank you for the hearty laugh... boy did I need it. I've been MIA, abducted by something resembling hell, with fluorescent lighting. Oh wait, that's my office.
Susan R. Mills said…
Funny post! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to getting to know you.
saucyminx410 said…
Fantastic story! I think we've all been there at one point or another!
Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Anonymous said…
I wish not approve on it. I over polite post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the intact story.
Anonymous said…
Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.
Anonymous said…
Easily I agree but I think the post should prepare more info then it has.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s