Skip to main content

when i feel sad i look at these: part one (pre-ceremony, mostly)


My niece, Carley, is an angel.




the dress.


I wish I could afford her every single day.




My toenails match my shoes.

loving the way i look...

Pre-ceremony fuel, with a straw, so not to muss my lipstick...

My pimp daddy. (That came out wrong. I meant, my dad looking pimp.)

'bout to get married on a rooftop overlooking the Ohio River...

My dad made the arch... how bad ass is that?

I mean, seriously... my dad is the ultimate craftsman.

I couldn't resist posting a photo of the bride and groom.

Mr. and Mrs. Amber Leigh Tidd Murphy

We look cooler than shit, son.

Since it's almost Halloween now, I give you: ghost bride.


I guess I should credit my photographer, Jackie Johnson, @ http://www.jaclynjohnsonphotography.com/ even thought she was a heinous bitch whore on my big day. 

Comments

Lizz said…
Dude, your dad is looking Pimp! Love it. They are beautiful pictures in a beautiful city!
Tina Lynn said…
Looking at these, you have no need to feel sad...ever!
Shandal said…
LOVE your purple shoes! Beautiful bride, location, and pics!
Anonymous said…
Very nice. Nice arch, too!
Anonymous said…
I love these pictures!
What a BEAUTIFUL bride! :) :)
GirlBoyGirl said…
your photos are gorgeous! YOU are gorgeous! That arch is pretty bad ass and your niece is simply adorable. I just love wedding photos. They bring a tear to my eye haha
carissajaded said…
Beautiful! and that is why you should feel happy11
Betty Manousos said…
Sooo gorgeous pics!!. I love them!
Happy Halloween!
xxx
E said…
Your purple shoes are ace. Usually brides go with red if they do something different. First pair of purple I've seen.
Meg said…
That is a beautiful arch! What did you guys do with it after the ceremony was over?
Tia said…
purple shoes and bud light, I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I am a little bit in love with my wedding day. I think I'll be posting more pictures on Friday, so stay tuned!

Meg, you were asking what we did with the arch - it's now in our back yard near our rose bush!
The Daily Rant said…
I love these photos. But what I love even MORE? That you wore purple shoes!!! They are gorgeous. (They are purple, right? That's the color they look on my screen anyway...)

Gorgeous shoe. Gorgeous color. And I love the pic of you jumping out of them. Fantastic idea.

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...