Skip to main content

have you seen this blogger? blue eyes, brown hair, says "spice" a whole lot...

Friends and fellow bloggers are concerned that their favorite blogger -- the adorable, witty, tongue-in-cheek writerslashbankerslashbabymaker Amber Murphy -- has not blogged in the better part of a week.

(*see disclosure at the end of the post)

Former school mate Ashley Stone, recalls Amber's last post. "I remember it was last week sometime, Wednesday, I think. She posted this google-image-game meme, where you attach photos to questions like Where is your hometown? and What is your favorite beverage? I remember it, because I posted the meme -- played the game -- the very next day. I sure hope everything is alright."

Tina Sandoval, virtual wife and soul mate, became concerned when she realized Amber hadn't posted last Thursday. "It's so rare for her to miss an opportunity to overshare," Sandoval noted, eyes wide with concern. "And I am pretty sure that the only time she did skip a TMI Thursday, she posted a special TMI: Friday Edition the very next day."

Sandoval wiped a few tears and said, "Plus, I really expected her to comment on my Dream Sequence Blogfest entry on June 4th. Four days later and I've gotten no feedback! Not a word. Nothing."

All around the blogosphere, her followers are wondering what the hell is up. Sierra Godfrey can't decide whether to be worried or pissed. ("What, is she just mad that I didn't link her in my Friday-reader-roundup last week? I mean, she didn't give me a ton to work with.") Sierra wanted to us tell Amber that if she returns to blogging, she promises to link her in her round-up, you know, if she posts something real good upon her big comeback.

The Big Litowski is still checking for her name in bold in his google reader. "I won't give up on Amber Murphy. I'm still waiting for pictures of her belly bump... and you know, some baby-growing-boobage, if you know what I'm sayin'..."

Perhaps the most scorned of all is Amber's Google Reader, who is weighed down with over 700 unread items. Google reader wanted us to beg Amber for a little TLC. G. Reader told us exclusively, "Look. I'll just be honest. It's been so long, I'm not even sure who she neglets more: me or her bikini line."

G. Reader rolled his eyes as the item total escalated with a few more published posts.

"Or should I say, bikinilinespice."

(Disclosure: All quotes from fellow bloggers are ficticious and in no way represent the truly feelings that these individuals may or may not have for the author of musings of amber murphy. Except for the quote from her Google Reader, who is seriously hot under the collar. And the one from Travener at The Big Litowski, who did comment on her blog once that he wanted to see her baby bump and pregnancy boobs. If she remembers correctly.)

Comments

~*~Lilly~*~ said…
Come back! Come back! I have missed your spiciness!! :) lol
Hehehe, I swear, each post just gets betterspice.
Unknown said…
Great picture selection!! I need to put that on my goodreads.com because I loved that book, haha.

Oh my gosh I so glad you are back, if only for a moment! You've been missed.

I'd use the "spice" word but I'm afraid I'm not gifted like you and several of your followers, I hope you can learn to forgive!
Anonymous said…
Do we need an Amber Alert now? Wait. I don't think that's applicable here....
Melissa Hurst said…
So.....where HAVE you been Amber? We need a little more spice around here;)
jayme said…
at least you'll get to spice up my life tomorrow around 2ish!! OW OW OW OW OW
Ashley Stone said…
haha, you are hilarious! I haven't been blogging much either, but it's funny, just yesterday I was thinking "hmm... Amber hasn't written in a while, strange."

Love this post, too funny!
You crack me up! That picture totally made me want to go out and pick up that book. I think I read it in like 4th grade?!
Come back soon! You are greatly missed!
carissa said…
hahaha I am right there with ya! Been missing. Glad you are ok though!
Jm Diaz said…
I heart you, and missed you! Though the Trav cracks me up.
Sierra Godfrey said…
You're so cute. I totes said all those things.
Travener said…
You have quoted me fictitiously but accurately. BTW, I'm less interested in the baby bump than the boobage, but you knew that already.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s