Skip to main content

TMI Thursday: inappropriate hubs

Well, it's a two-fer this week! You get your usual dose of TMI Thursday and a pearl of wisdom from my husband... all in one fail swoop. (I am the queen of cliche, today, apparently. By the way.)

Also, for the second week in a row, hubs humor will come from a reality tv anecdote!

(On the couch during prime time is really the only point in the day that we communicate with one another. You understand.)

So, I was getting my guilty-pleasure-sized dose of American's Got Talent last night, and these adorable sisters auditioned -- they sang a moving rendition of Miley Cyrus' It's the Climb. (Yes, I teared up a little. I'm pregnant. And therefore allowed.)

See, these sisters (along with their two other siblings) suffer from Cystic Fibrosis. The were never supposed to be able to sing well -- and their life expectancy is only 35-40 years. So sad. It was heart-wrenching to watch them overcome all odds, musically speaking, and the standing ovation from the crowd just got me right there. (*clinches chest dramatically.*)

Hubs, of course, was not so easily drawn into the sadness and happiness of the situation that caused my tears.

First, he wanted to know why these four kids had parents who kept pro-creating after having a couple with CF.

Fair question, hubs. I suggested that perhaps they are Mormanspice. Or Catholic.

"Maybe they don't believe in birth control."

Wise hubs countered: "Then they need to stop believing in sex."

After the performance, the loveable Nick Cannon interviewed the Cystic sisters, wanting to know how it felt to move on to the next round in Las Vegas. Elder sister was all weepy and excited, but couldn't quite put her emotion into actual words.

"It's...just... inexplainable," she said.

Again, hubs made a good point.

"Inexplainable?! Just because you have Cystic Fibrosis doesn't mean you get to make up your own words."

Oh, hubs.

I think he was just mad that he had to listen to them singing a Miley Cyrus song. He's still a little bothered because when he purchased his sporty Nissan Sentra -- there was a Miley disc lodged in the CD player that came with the car, and it was all he could listen to for like a week.

Comments

Nicole said…
I think lotsa guys get on the whole 'on no you don't use that excuse!!' bandwagon And there are A LOT of sob stories on that show *bleah* but those girls sound genuine :) And have to agree - get fixed already!! What right have you to allow a child to be born like that WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER! For shame.
Sierra Godfrey said…
I almost just peed my pants when I read "Mormanspice." Cripes alive Amber, you make me laugh so hard. I'd be pissed too if there was a Miley CD jammed in my new car, I mean UGH.
Anonymous said…
My wife watched that last night, while I was trying to write. Yeah. I had the iPod turned up, but the flickering kept distracting me. I, er, confess that the standing O's for the sob stories kinda gets me right there too. Renews my faith in humankind, and all that.

Until the next act, which usually shatters my hope for humanity's bright future. Oh well.
Ashley Stone said…
haha, my husband's right there with yours. I don't watch America's Got Talent, but every time I watch any reality show, he sits and criticizes like the grumpy muppet men. : (
~*~Lilly~*~ said…
Hee, hee,hee,hee. Yes i laugh like a 4 yr old little girl. lol I love the "maybe they shouldn't believe in sex!" lol

I have that feeling on a daily basis when walking through my hood.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s