Skip to main content

i'm smitten

Well, I never.

You people put yesterday on my toptendaysinlife list. I can't tell you how much all your birthday wishes (and compliments!) meant to me.

Special thanks to my Sweet Niblet, Fiction Groupie, Sierra Godfrey, Mehlane, and Diana for making #itsambersbirthday a trendy trending topic on Twitter.

However, no one could have outdone my main blog squeeze over at Vita Brevis, who dedicated an entire post to me yesterday.

No, seriously. The post was about me. I inspired it. Go there now and read it. I'll just give you a snippet, to entice you to click on my linkage:

And, while Amber is definitely a very attractive young lady and she's also quite talented and funny, these are not the traits that originally attracted me to her blog and such. Well, it didn't hurt; I'll be honest there. However, the thing that made me sit up and take notice? Her love of college basketball, specifically the lowly and woebegone Indiana Hoosiers.
 
For reals, I read the whole post about eight times.
 
Also, several of you are already entered in my birthday/ 100 followers contest, but if anyone missed out on that... you can enter it here.
 
I mean, if you aren't interested in watching a vlog in which I dedicate and sing karaoke to you, personally, then don't bother entering my contest. It's not like I want to get all melodic for a lukewarm fan.
 
I'm not beggingyouspice.
 
Yeah. So, the contest ends Sunday. 
 
You'd better get in on that action while you still can.

Comments

Melissa Hurst said…
Wow, now that's a post! Don't you feel special:) And I'm so glad to be part of a trending topic but you totally deserve it.

I finally entered your contest a day late. I'm officially plugged back in now! Woo Hoo!!!
Wow, I'm insanely jealousspice. A whole blog?!??
Ashley Stone said…
a trending topic!!?? How cool is that!?
Jm Diaz said…
That's because you are awesomerrr...

You coolassspice, you!

Congratulations on counting down another tick on the life clock!

Yay!?
MJenks said…
Wait. Have I entered? Cause, man, I could use me some vlogging goodness rights about now.
MJenks said…
Oh, and I probably should have worked in a little "[insertwordhere]spice" into the post dedicated to you, but "racistspice" seemed like such a buzzkill.

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...