Skip to main content

My Memorable Facebook Statuses (Stati?) of 2009; or: YEAR IN REVIEW

January 20 at 7:44pm
Amber Leigh Tidd Murphy has a new president, and a new precedent.

February 1 at 8:26pm
is superbolwing

February 23 at 2:49pm
got a (tax) refund. I dig it!

March 2 at 10:37pm
is another year older and wiser.... thanks for all the birthday wishes!

June 26 at 9:28pm
I never update facebook anymore... but I felt the need to sign up for twitter?!

July 20 at 5:24pm
just did the grocery shopping for probably the first time since we've been married... I'd kind of forgotten how nice it is to choose ones own food. :)

August 31 at 8:24am ·
one year down, the rest to go. happy one year! anniversary, murph. i love you. ·

September 1 at 3:02pm
sometimes i secretly wish michael vick would kidnap my dog. is that bad?

September 6 at 4:02am
I think I am getting divorced.

September 6 at 2:10pm
Alcohol + facebook at 4:00 a.m. = bad idea.

September 11 at 7:54am
Where were you? I was home. I declined a substitute teaching job that day. I am so thankful I wasn't in a classroom of kids. I turned on my tv in time to see the second tower hit.

September 14 at 9:25pm
has a sudden hankering for listening to unchained melody and molding something from clay.

September 21 at 11:52am
is not resting on her laurels.

October 10 at 6:38pm
I'm getting ready to get my (ten year high school) reunion on. :)

October 14 at 3:18pm
Really, there is no need to update my status: today is the same as yesterday. Well, except that I might be feeling a bit more prickly.

October 17 at 2:51pm
Why are people ignorant enough to think they can rob an ATM?

October 27 at 1:01pm
my google reader runneth over...

November 9 at 7:35pm
Today, a bank customer told me he hopes Barney Frank gives me a shot in the ass because I deserve it. It was one of those Mondays.

17 seconds ago
Because I'm so vain... I just reviewed all my status updates for 2009... and blogged about it. http://www.ambermurphy.blogspot.com/

Comments

Travener said…
I never understood that Carly Simon song, "You're So Vain." I mean, she says, "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you." But it *is* about him, so how can he be vain for thinking it so? 2009 had its moments, that's for sure, but on a personal level, meaning "it's all about me," I can't wait for 2010.
Travener, you're so vain that you probably thought that post was about you... well, it totally was about you, but you are still vain for thinking that it was about you, which it was. Clearly. About you. :)

Tina Lynn, I absolutely should have included "nachbar!" 'Cept that place deserves its own post.
Anonymous said…
slaver slaver govva govva drool snort. This post STINK STANK STUNKS.
Anonymous said…
This is the dumbest list I've ever read! Nobody cares, not even facebook. The entire Internet wishes it could puke right now.
Jm Diaz said…
I laughed my ass off with these! I do have a favorite pair though. (:

And to that looser troll: piss off, fart-knocker.
Ragnaar said…
Ragnaar real troll, not like fake dimwit Anonymous who never eat children with herring sauce or face down Billy Goats Gruff.
In defense of my blog post, I did ask for a troll yesterday in Sierra Godfrey's comments.

It looks as though, if you put it out there into the world, the internet gods will reward you!

Diaz, which is your favorite pair? The one about my potential divorce? I think that will be the subject of my next TMI Thursday post. I'll write about being thankful for a forgiving husbter.
jayme said…
is it bad that this isn't the first time i've seen these???
Jm Diaz said…
Yes indeed. Those are the ones! ;)
Sierra Godfrey said…
My favorite was certainly the possible divorce one.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s