Skip to main content

like, you know, because i was tagged.

I got tagged in a fun blog meme, because ND at Delicious Ambiguity thinks I am a fun blogger. We do have some important things in common, since I think she is a fun blogger, too.

For instance, last Friday she was feeling a bit prickly and wrote a list of her greivances of the week, including this wrongspice boy she once, I assume, quasi-dated.

I sent my former rebound flame a really nicely thought out birthday card in hopes that he has gotten less hateful in the 6 months since we last spoke, and he responded via email, "Thanks for the birthday card. I have no desire to reconnect with you right now. I hope things are well."

Don't you just love her already?! You must check out her blog!


So, the rules of the meme are to post a list of things you like/love/hate, and then link to three bloggers who you admire! All you have to do is fill in your likes/loves/hates after the bolded words! :) Have fun!


I like the cool side of the pillow.

I like sleeping in on Sundays.

I like listening to cute boys sing.

I like kettle-cooked potato chips. and ranch. and at the same time.

I like the way I feel when my niece hugs me after I haven't seen her in awhile.

I like the idea of soulmates.

I like love stories that end sadly.

I like getting a group-laugh when I say something witty in a room full of people.

I like kissing boys remembering what it's like to kiss boys who are not my husband.

I like people who have passion.

I like thinking about him.

I like it when I look skinny in photos.

I love knowing my parents still believe in me.

Today was payday, which is awesome. Momoneyspice!

I hate when my feet are cold.

I hate the way I feel when I oversleep on a work day. Like today, for instance. (Unshoweredspice.)

I hate anxiety attacks, which I have occasionally.

I hate cleaning the house, so I don't do it that often.

I hate when someone leaves the toaster plugged in.

I hate lukewarm coffee.

I hate my thighs. (Cellulitespice.)

I hate Jay Mohr.

I (secretly) like my current fantasy: someday when I am an old, old woman I might get to be with another man. A certain man. (Not Jay Mohr, though. Obvi.)

I love knowing he might read my blog, and I love the boys who are sitting at their laptops right now, possibly scratching their heads. (Sorry, Travener, you aren't him.) ;)

For this meme, I hereby tag Ashley at Fragment Ideas and Too Many Pronouns who shares my love of karaoke and is a Superstar! (That's pronounced "Supe-uh-stah.") I don't think she sticks her hands under her arms and sniffs them, though. At least not to my knowledge.

She's a fairly new blogger, and you should read her blog. Seriously. She has the most beautiful heart.

Next, I shall tag my bestie Tina Lynn Sandoval at Sweet Niblets, because she is the gooey marshmellow in my chocolately s'more. Plus, I know she'll do the meme. She's cool like that. Read her blog, too, if you don't already.

Finally, I will tag Laurel (who is, though she may not agree, adorable) at Laurel's Leaves. She is very writerly and uses all the best words. Go. now. Followspice.

Well, happy weekend, loves. My birthday is Tuesday so I will clearly start the celebration tomorrow night, when hubs and parents take me out for sushi. And I see karaoke in my future... after we ditch the Tidd's, I assume. Though the idea of my dad and I at karaoke together is actually rather appealing.

Hmm.

Comments

Mass Hole Mommy said…
Hi! Happy Friday follow!
Mandee said…
Following you from Friday follow!

Have a great weekend!
http://raisingmy4sons.com
Sofa King said…
Hi! I'm your newest follower from Friday Follow!
Have a great weekend!
Campos Family said…
Found you through Friday Follow and I am now following! Have a fabulous weekend and stop by and say hi if you get the chance! :)

http://lifebeneathapizzabox.blogspot.com/
Following you from FF!
What a fun list! It was great to get to "know you"
Can't wait to see what other fun things you write about.
Roni Loren said…
That's mean to send all those boys scratching their heads.

And dude, you racked up on follow friday!
Ashley Stone said…
Thanks so much! You're awesome!!!! I'm on it! ; )

"I like kissing boys, remembering what it's like to kiss boys who are not my husband."

HAHA, oh Amber.... I LOVE your brutal honesty!!!!
Travener said…
Dang!

(I am scratching my head, but in my case it's dandruff!)
rachaelgking said…
Jay Mohr? Really? Have you seen any of his stand up???
Laurel Garver said…
I like memes (= easy blog posts).
I love knowing your MC shares my name. And compliments (writerly! ooh!).
I hate not being 20-something anymore! (Well, only kind of. Maturity has its perks.)

Thanks for the tag. This one looks fun!
Tina Lynn said…
*sigh* I love your posts. And I love that I'm tagged. Your list is Amberspice, we share so many of the same things...except for him. I would NEVER block you:)
Sarah Ann said…
I just found your blog, and I love it! I'm now following.

Also, I agree with lots on your list -esp. about cold feet and soulmates :) Sweet!

Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I also like looking skinny in pictures and I hate lukewarm coffee, too.

Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. It is a pleasure to meet ya and have a great week!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com
Ashley Stone said…
I tagged you back over at my place! haha...sorry, I got tagged with a photo meme...and well, I want to see a photo of yours cause I'm sure it will be interesting!
Laurel Garver said…
I'm back because you have a gift on my blog, kiddo. :-)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s