Skip to main content

TMI Thursday: in which I am too tired to hone in on one particular event

TMI ThursdayGrab your dinner plates: I've got a smorgasbord of overshare for you this evening.

(Feel free to come back for seconds. It's all-you-can-eat over here tonight.)

- Sometimes when I'm at a red light or stuck in stop-and-go traffic I examine my split ends and forget to pay attention to real life. Usually, horn honkers politely advise me when cars are moving again. 

- I am almost always attracted to male authority figures, especially when they specifically have authority over me.

- Also, sometimes when men say condescending things, it kind of turns me on. Is that weird?

- I have uttered the following sentences and asked the following questions:
a) I know it's wrong, but I judge. Wait, is it wrong to judge?
b) Do you know what she smells like? She smells like poor people and tears.
c) What is going on here? Power to the whites! (That was after Halle Berry won the Oscar, and clearly, I was joking.)

- I once saved a condom wrapper -- I stuck it in my sock drawer (um, is that still in there?!) as a memento of really, really special and sexy sex. 

- After all the things I've posted before, I still wondered if the admittance above was crossing the creepyspice line and considered deleting it for the better part of five minutes.

-  Sometimes I am inexplicably paranoid that I will spontaneously combust.

- In related news, sometimes I am afraid while sitting at a stoplight that I will become unconscious, and my foot will slide of the brake and I'll roll out into oncoming traffic and die. (Does examining my split ends makes me feel safe?) (Ineedhelpspice.)

- I loathe Jay Mohr. The hatred I feel for Jay Mohr is palpable. Strangely, I don't know why I feel this way.

- I have used the zip code loophole to internally justify certain past actions. (Thankfully, Louisville is a good-sized city.)

- I'm level 324 in Mafia Wars. Sue me. 

Visit Lilu's blog for more tragic tales!

Comments

Wendy Sparrow said…
LOL. Your creepyspice comment was funny even to those that are moralspice but possible still weirdspice.
MJenks said…
You know what the difference between Jay Mohr and a cucumber is?

If you add vinegar to a cucumber, you get a pickle.

If you add vinegar to Jay Mohr, you just get a bigger douchebag.
Ashley Stone said…
- Also, sometimes when men say condescending things, it kind of turns me on. Is that weird?

Nope.... that's how it is. Haven't you ever seen "The Pick Up Artist?" It's called a "neg" -- a negative comment that guys to a girl in order to pick her up.

WHY do we women fall for this!???

"Treat a girl like dirt, she'll stick to you like mud."
Travener said…
Do you somtimes fear that when you're at a red light your split ends will spontaneously combust.

Just as an aside, I wish I'd known this women-are-turned-on-by-condescension stuff earlier; I wouldn't have wasted a lifetime being respectful of them.
Tina Lynn said…
Oh, Amber. I didn't think it was possible to love you more, but...there it is. girlcrushspice
~Kaydee~ said…
I freaking love you!

That is all.
saucyminx410 said…
HA! Men in authority positions - fo sho!
Elliott said…
Nobody likes Jay Mohr. This is why his fame confuses even the sagest of scholars.

Being paranoid about SHC isn't wrong, because it happens. People burst into flames all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Power to the whites? I thought you were Asian...

Oh, and I'm the master of all I survey. Do my laundry, woman! And shouldn't you be barefoot if you're going to be pregnant in my kitchen? (You want me, I know...)
Sierra Godfrey said…
God I love your TMI Thursdays. This is so great. LOL!
@ wendy - definitely still weirdspice.

@ mjenks - plus, i like cucumbers.

@ ashley stone - my husband actually told me he was an asshole before we got engaged. (I mean, not like that same night or anything, but, you know.) hmm... looks like it worked to his advantage!

@ trav - respecting women is sooo nineties. :)

@ tina lyann - reciprocationspice, obvi.

@ kaydee - i love you, too!

@ saucy - isn't it so true? I think it falls under the realm of daddy issues, but I don't care.

@ elliott - i'm not asian, i'm white rice. do i really look asian?

@ sierra - yeah, sometimes i wish it was tmi thursday every single day. ;)






@
Elliott said…
Sorry, it was a joke. A bad one, apparently. Should have stuck with the spontaneous human combustion shtick...

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s