Skip to main content

short, sexy, and sweet

I'm sorry.

I can't blog right now.

I just spent my entire lunch hour writing!

Are you proud? Are you?

You'd better be.

I'm writing a scene in which David (Laurel's second love interest) comes to visit her for the first time since she went away to college.

He wants to getitonspice.

She's trying to get ready for her sorority induction ceremony.

Now the author needs a cold shower before she heads back to the bank.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm bursting with pride.
carissajade said…
I'm so proud of you! You goooo girl.
Maybe I need to take up writing. I could use some hot and steamy...

You go girl! Can't wait to read the finished work!
Anonymous said…
::thunderous applause::
Tina Lynn said…
I need a cold shower, too, but it has everything to do with Sam Worthington and nothing to do with anything I wrote. *throws confetti* Yay! #amberiswriting
Melissa Hurst said…
Now don't you feel good:) Go Amber!!!
LMAO! Now that's the way to spend a lunch hour. :)
* said…
I'm new to your blog and intrigued at your novel writing.

Bravo to you on writing what sounds like a hot hot scene!
Thanks for the throwing of confetti, and the picking up of your chins from your floors... yes: I wrote today! I feel proud of myself.

For the record, I was writing in David's POV, and was turned on bc his mind was in the gutter.

I think my muse is horny!

I know, I know. TMI. Save it for Thursday.
Unknown said…
Excellent job!!!! Better than me! I've been stuck today... good for you though!

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...