Skip to main content

True Crime Auto Shop Where Adnan is Automatically a Murderer (See what I did there?) Part 2 of Part 1

My grandpa used to tell me to "kill 'em with kindness," which isn't actually that great of a saying, if you really ponder it. I mean, you're essentially suggesting it's cool to wear someone down slowly with your tenderness and your charm, just waiting to pounce when the 'em least expects it.

Maybe my Papaw was a sociopath. (Some of you readers might be convinced that he passed it along to me.) 

But, in reality, you and I both know that to "kill anyone with kindness" really just means to be nice, even when we don't want to be.

I'm at this cute little Tea Shop in a hoity-toity part of the town where I live, exercising my privilege with a $6 cup of iced Strawberry Basil. I wanted Chocolate Chai, but they were out, because it's a seasonal; flavor - as the kid behind the counter told me unapologetically. I tried to keep my composure lest he think I'm a Karen, but I was a bit irritable about the whole thing.

A god damn seasonal flavor?

So, like, a hot heavy flavor - that is probably a winter one! - and it's still on the laminated paper menu in September... with not so much as a sharpied x  drawn across it.

Breathe, Laurel. Just... breathe. She's been hate-writing too much lately, my little muse.

But Laurel's not great at simply resting on her Laurels. 

Who can rest at a time like this, when I've found myself in the midst of so much hate and rage. If you're reading this, you might think I'm talking about your hate and rage.

And I am. 

My own hate and range is justified.

Now let's get down to it: 

Brett and Alice of the Prosecutor's podcast engage in dog-whistle politics and pretend to be some sort of "Back the Blue" advocates, while the case against Adnan Syed has to relation to the conduct of the police force of today. 

They presume to be the authorities on the Hae Min Lee murder case, yet they can't tell you for sure if she was supposed to pick up her niece or her cousin. WTAF?

Brett literally can't imagine a world in which Hae would meet Don after school if it was not 1/5 at she had hot fries in her hand and a wrestling match to attend that night, one she would bail out on in order to see him. 

He says to True Crime Garage: "That's one of the things people get wrong, because... so that is an example of memory getting... whatever..." I mean, is he a bot? AI??

Whatever is right.

I'm tired of holding hands with those of you who have no less common sense than the horse Brett rode in on. 

Brett is more concerned about me keeping Don Clinedinsts' name out of my mouth than he is about truly, factually figuring out who killed Hae. Alice is more interested in sucking some marrow from a dead hunk of bone, so much ICK, that she thinks she's so cute and clever.

I can't even give you my usual type of post today, not while sitting in such a serene Tea Shop in a hoity-toity part of town, where I am cognizant of my privilege and thankful for all it has taught me. 

I'll leave you with the one good thing to come out of yesterday's TCG Part 1 episode - 

Oh, captain, my captain! We needed your input, your opinion, your dissent. I hope Nick hugs you and apologized to you that he couldn't give a little something hinting at gumption.

The Captain: "... he was dating a girl that was murdered. I believe he had just as much motive as Adnan, because we don't know if Hae Min Lee told him, hey, I'm not interested in you and I'm gonna get back with Adnan. We don't know that. I think he could have been looked at harder, questioned harder. I mean he was the current boyfriend; she goes missing, he doesn't try to call her... no record of that. Alot of people state that she was actually going to meet Don before she actually picked up her cousin, so there's some question there, and that he is just, happens the day she goes missing to be working at a location that he's never been working before/ never worked at again and the timecard was, I believe was - handwritten by his mother's girlfriend... he should have been looked at harder."

Oh, Captain! Thank you, Captain.

We aren't saying Don is guilty here, folks, Remember inferences and whatnot if you can. We just think the Investigators into this case should have maybe gotten a computerized and verifiable copy of Don's abibi prior to 30 days before trial. I mean, I'm sure Ritz and McGill would have yelled at him for "not making Adnan look bad enough," either way.


Breathe, Laurel. Just breathe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s