Skip to main content

brought to you by random.

oh, hell. it has been a monday.

i can't even be bothered to use capital letters.

No, that's annoying. I shall use capital letters afterall.

I MIGHT EVEN USE THEM IN AN ENTIRE SENTENCE.

(Insert PRIMAL SCREAM FULL OF EXPLETIVES here.)

No, today wasn't that bad. Work is was just a stressfest. I had to cross out the "is" because I'm home now, so it's past tense. I shouldn't even be thinking about it anymore.

So, I won't.

Next topic: let's be honest. Since I'm at the end of my rapidly fraying Monday-rope, I will just tell you a few random Tidd-Murphy-bits about my day:

1. I almost rear-ended someone on my way home from work because I was thinking about my WIP. (Yay! I'm turning into a bonafide writer -- all distractedspice and dreamy acting and aloof. Abnormal.)

(Opps. Are my writer-friends offended, or do you agree that we are all that way to some extent?)

2. I got really excited tonight when I stopped off at Target and purchased Eyeliner, because I haven't really ever worn it on the regular, but plan to attempt a smoky-eyed Tuesday. I should probably practice tonight.

3. I also got something else at Target -- something specialspice, which I will be mailing out in a very much worth-the-wait package for the winner of my month-old giveway. If your name is Tina Sandoval, get excited!

4. I told Tina that she would be getting her package in the mail "this week." Unfortunately, it was last week when I said those words. (Via Skypespice. Woot!) Anyway, Teener, if you're reading. I'm sorry. Please flog me for my general lack of postal punctuality. Le package will arrive. Soon.

5. Guess who won the NCAA tournament bracket pool at my work? Just guess.

6. It wasn't me. Good guess, though. It was this gal who literally flipped a coin for each game, until I explained to her about seeding, and then she used white-out pen to make some last minute changes. She was the only person at my bank branch who picked one of the teams in tonight's championship game. (Duke.)

7. P.S. Go Butler. I loathe some BlueDevils. Y'all know I'm a Hoosier.

8. I'm kind of enjoying this numbered and orderly post.

9. Ohh, listen! Some crazy customer left a Target cart in front of the bank last week -- I think it was Wednesday. (I was so pissed. It was litterally right by our front door! We even called Target and asked them to send someone over to get it.)

9.5 Who finally pushed that cart back to Target today? Me.

10. In fairness, I only pushed it to the back of their store, by the loading dock, because it was hella too far to be strutting to their front entrance in my high heels at 8:30 this morning.

So, there you have it.
Whether you wanted it or not.
But, I'm sure you wanted it.
You know you adore me.

Comments

Tina Lynn said…
My Monday was about the same. I need some chocolate. Is it despicable to steal from my kids? Oh, well...they'll thank me later. Excitedspice
Melissa Hurst said…
I think Mondays should be outlawed, because of their awfulness. But that wouldn't really work cause we'd start to hate Tuesdays.

Anyhows - yay for the WIP being on your mind so much! That screams bona fide writer, you know:)
Travener said…
You seemed to have misstepped when you failed to take advantage of returning the cart to Target to get the eyeliner you got later.

Had you done so, you never would have nearly rear-ended the other driver, and your day would have been ENTIRELY DIFFERENT (note caps).

In fact, you might have changed the time-space continuum enough that YOU would have won the NCAA pool.

Moral: next time the bank sends you on a crappy job, take advantage of it!
Natalie Murphy said…
Okay, is it awful to admit that I am so lost when you're talking about that bracket pool thing-a-ma-bob? You've brought stuff like that up lots and I'm always sitting here scratching my head going, "Is that some American thing?"
Ashley Stone said…
hope your tuesday is better than your monday!!! Sorry I left that target cart in front of your bank.....

haha jk
Jeney Peney said…
This post made me giggle. :-)

But I promise I was giggling with you - not at you!

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Arguments, Trial 3. The Defense: Closing the Case of Adnan Syed v Alice LaCour and Brett Talley

  Would Hae Have Liked Pineapple on Pizza? If it Pleases the Court... Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I want to start by thanking you for your time. It is no small task to put your lives on hold and focus in on the details and particulars and specifics of this case, and it may be a struggle to focus when you have to think about what you're missing at home. Your civil duty - and your willingness to fulfill it - does NOT go unnoticed. I mentioned "time." It's a relative, term, right? I had to wait in line at the post office for 15 minutes. I waited for the checkout gal at Wal-Mart for 20, because they didn't have enough lanes open. I don't know about you, but I try to be patient. Sometimes I fail to wait gracefully, but I really do try.  So. Look at Adnan. For over TWENTY-THREE YEARS he has been waiting... patiently. 23 years ago, I was about the same age as Adnan. I graduated high school in the spring of 1999, just like he did - or would have - had he not bee

20 Points in a Basic Story in the Botched Case Against Adnan Syed: I Must Be Insane as that's 5x More than any Other Basic Story Presentation I've Ever Seen

  Basic Story With 20 Points:  Could Adnan be Innocent? "It's not a cop-out; it's case law." ~Bob Ruff, host, Truth and Justice Pod   1 Adnan was the main suspect - Hae's family passed that along to Officer Adcock on the afternoon she disappeared. Originally, they suspected she might be with Don, even though she had to work at 6pm and had never once NOT brought her cousin home. Does anyone know how old the second cousin is? Two cousins lived with Hae. And Officer Adcock's Supplemental Report dated 1/13/99 states that Mr. Lee advises that she "did not pick up his two cousins from school.") Did they go to the same school, these cousins? Another question that could be explored is why Hae's uncle is the only immediately family member who doesn't live with Hae.  Another pain point for me - I'm confused as to why the cousins did not live with their dad, Hae's uncle... but look. Every family has different dynamics. I mean, I gues

Not The Nisha Call: Other Things to Consider in the Case of Adnan Syed

"If there is anything about my case, man - I want to know... I want to test it... There's nothing about my case that that I'm afraid of." - Adnan Syed Serial, Episode 12: What We Knew Instead of focusing on a flower and Jay's Changing Stories, Consider This: A) The policemen handling the Missing Persons Investigation did sloppy and lazy work. They back dated reports and failed to interview multiple people  thoroughly enough. B) The police did not interview the family robustly enough to understand what else might have been going on in Hae's life. They, to my knowledge, did not find a translator and instead relied on the guidance of her younger brother. C) A computer, a floppy disk containing electronic diary entries were noted and later went "missing"  D) Hae's email and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) accounts were never researched thoroughly, and her online activity is relatively unknown, outside of her newly updated "away message" which s