Skip to main content

tmi thursday: the mini-muffin's first photo op

In this photo: I don't have any pants on!!

I had my first ultrasound yesterday. I thought they were going to squeeze some KY Jelly looking stuff on my belly and roll this video camera contraption around on me groin. Oh, no. Instead, my doctor inserted a dildo-ish device right up in my you-know!

FYI. That chair contorts. I was all high up in the air, legs splayed open and feet resting in oven-mit covered stirrups. Next to me, hubs says, "We need a chair like that!"

My mind immediately went to sexy time games, so I got all blushy.

Anywayspice.

Hi, I'm Leigh's uterus! I have a visitor.

Well, there is -- in fact -- a baby inside me. Baby is 1.01 cm long and we got to see the strong heart beat.

Doctor mentioned there is only ONE baby in there. Hallelujah.

My due date is officially December 16, 2010.


Comments

Unknown said…
LOL girl you crack me up!!! "I don't have any pants on" seriously on thursdays I know I can always count on you to make me laugh out loud!!!

Yay for the mini-murphy muffin!
~*~Lilly~*~ said…
Are you sure that's a baby?? it sorta looks like a lima bean! lmao. (JUST KIDDING!) The first time i saw that "magic wanded" I was all like what are you doing with that dildo?? huh? Did they also cover it with a condom & then gel it up? I almost died when they did that one.
B.E. Sanderson said…
Aww, your mini-muffin is wonderful. Congratulations!

And as for the latest ultrasound technology, try to think of it more along the lines of "Abracadabra! You're preggers!" than "bow-chicka-bow-bow".
Yikes! I've heard tell of the scary ultrasound dildo. You are a brave lady...
And congrats again, obvi. :-)
Erin said…
Hilarious! And yay for only one bun in the oven!!
Moll said…
Hahaha. You are funny but cringe just thinking about those pelvic ultrasounds. I feel like I should have a drink - or five - beforehand!
Anonymous said…
Woot!!! :-D
Natalie Murphy said…
AHHH YAY! Im glad baybah has a strong heart beat =)

I hope the Smurf is born Dec 21st, then we'd be birthday buds AND Murphys TOGETHER! ;)
Anonymous said…
Way cool.
TMI Thursdays ALWAYS makes my week. I almost spit Dr. Pepper onto my laptop when I saw the caption on the first picture.
MJenks said…
For the first child, there was no dildo ultrasound.

For the second, there was. It took me and my wife BOTH aback. She was like "Well, uh, um, okay, I gues--Hallelujah! Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallela-loo-jah! What, no, honey, you could never be replaced."
Wendy Sparrow said…
LOL. I loved the caption on the first picture too. Yay for a healthy baby! Congrats!!!!
Roni Loren said…
Awesome, glad everything is well. And yes, that first ultrasound is pretty, uh, personal, lol. This is when our husbands are thinking--man, I'm glad I'm a dude and just have to watch.
Melissa Hurst said…
Just wait until delivery day gets here and you have no pants on with A LOT of strangers in the room with you!
Sierra Godfrey said…
My favorite thing about the ultrasound dildo is that your hubs gets to be in the room, watching, while ANOTHER MAN (or woman, if is the case) totally sticks thinks in your woohoo and your hubs just sits there! While he/she sticks dildos in you! And he watches!

Be sure to point that out to hubs if you haven't already.
Ashley Stone said…
cute lil mini-muffin!!!!!! <3 <3

So happy for you!
carissajaded said…
I can't tell you much- my psychic abilities are off tonight - bahaha -but I bet you're gonna have a cute one! love the baby pic! haha this post gave me a good laugh - which i needed!
Laurel Garver said…
The uterus with a visitor line cracked me up SO BAD!! You totally need to write a non-fic humor book about first pregnancy. You would make it amberliciously hilarious!

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...