Skip to main content

Editorial Services FAQ

 I 

Interested in editing services?

Please see FAQ:


What categories/ genres can I send?

I am open to reading PB, CB, MG, YA, NA, and adult. 

I'll read any genre other than porn and Christian inspirational.

Are we a good fit?

If you want a full MS read, we can provide a sample of the first 5 pages (1,250 words) and have a 30 minute zoom call to discuss after feedback is provided. 

What if my book is one in a series? 

A synopsis of earlier works may help if there is a sweeping plot ARC. If reading the previous books is essential, we will consider it based on availability, for an additional fee. 

How are edits completed?

Track changes via Microsoft Word is preferable. We use the same Word doc for comments. An overall critique and feedback will also be provided in a separate Word document or via the body of an email. If you have different preferences, please ask.

What is the expected time frame to hear back from you?

My goal is to respond to emails same day. Turnaround time for completion of edits will be discussed before we begin working together and will be based on current availability. Short projects may be complete within 48 hours. Longer projects may be 1 week or more.

Do you offer developmental edits, copy editing, or proof reading?

Yes!

Can you rush a job?

Yes, at a 20% additional price point. However, rush work is subject to availability.

How long is a page?

Industry standard: 250 words 

Which package fits my needs?

See pricing options and packages at Winter Machine LLC on Facebook or Twitter or at Leigh Hutchens Burch on insta.

How do I remit payment?

We ask for a 50% deposit before work is complete and payment of the other 50% after completion. Venmo is preferable. We do not accept credit cards at this time.

Can you suggest agents or publishers?

For a fee, we can have a 30 minute zoom call to discuss the best and most efficient ways to research agents and literary agencies. We can also provide contact information for a few small presses in our local area.

Can you get me published?

We are not publishers but wish you the best and want you to become published!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fetal friday?

I know that I left everyone hanging yesterday. You know, when I went to pee on that stick. (That was mean of me. Not the peeing, but the leaving hanging.) Well, I think the big reveal is best expressed in letter form. Deep breath. Here goes. dear unborn baby daughter son or daughter, I take it back. I take back everything I said about not wanting kids. I was just scaredspice, and the slightest bit selfish, and maybe I had a giant fear of commitment. But, three positive test results in the last eighteen hours seem to say that you actually are in there, getting all comfy. I guess you'll probably be here in mid-December. I never thought about having a Christmas baby. (You've really put a wrench in my whole taking-maternity-leave-during-the-NCAA-tournament plan, but that's okay. At least it's basketball season. Don't tell Daddy yet, but you are going to cheer for the Indiana Hoosiers.) Speaking of Daddy, I take back all the mean things I've ever sa...

Last Call: John O'Keefe's Journey from Waterfall to Fairview (12:11:09am - 12:21:09)

I tend to bury the lead, so let me say this up front: I won't get to any of it in this post, but by 12:24:22am on January 29, 2022, John O'Keefe had arrived at 34 Fairview, gone into the house, been incapacitated, and had been dragged down the two short flights of stairs down to the basement, and up the stairs to and through the bulkhead door.  Yes. All of this happened by 12:24:22am. And here's how I started my research this week to figure it out: When I decided to look at timeline, I didn't think I'd spend all my free time in an entire DAY focusing on the short time frame of 12:11am - 12:21:09. I wanted to go "back to the start" (shoutout to Coldplay!) and figure out what the time discrepancy was really all about. I started with steps: Hyde (report) 12:11:09 - 12:21:09 170 steps 326 feet Guarino (testimony) 12:11:09 – 12:21:05 170 steps 326 feet Whiffin (report) ...

a little ashamed

I've been feeling a little guilty lately. I think I'm sort of obsessed with my own blog. Seriously, I adore coming home for lunch in the middle of my workday. My plan is always to sit down and write. It's the perfect time to work. There are no distractions (other than the hungry rumble in my tummy) or reasons that I shouldn't be able to churn out a good amount of words before I head back to the world of checking account deposits and cash-in tickets. However, I find that when I come home for lunch, all I want to do is blog. My reader is full as a good girl's Christmas stocking, and then there's my own post -- just waiting to be written. Something alarmingly witty, for sure. Something that will generate the multiple comments I will hungrily read from my cell phone when I sneak out for a cigarette break at 4:00. So, I avoid the writing -- you know, of the fiction variety. I sit here, instead watching the text fill the blank screen of a New Po...